Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm Out Of Town This Weekend But You're Not...

I haven't seen my Grandparents in over 2 years and sometimes it eats at me because they helped raise us while mom was working the long hours needed to afford us with certain opportunities in life. While many good friends are dead, in jail or otherwise absent from society I get to document musics that I care about and that likely wouldn't have been so if I hadn't come from an outstanding family of sturdy Midwestern stock. Yes, while I'm heading deep into prairie country to say Thank You those in town should be privy to these events...

Friday July 16th:

Paul Metzger "The Uses of Infinity" Release Show @ The Rogue Buddha Gallery

Saturday July 17th:

Clipd Beaks, Haunted House (CD Release), Skoal Kodiak & Whitesand/Badlands @ The Turf Club

Gay Beast, Slapping Purses, Food Pyramid, Seated Heat @ The Hexagon

BUT...before you check anything out Saturday night I highly recommend the annual Learning Curve Records Fest. This also the Release Show for "Alive in High Five" the new Private Dancer LP. This is dropping outside of Grumpy's Downtown. Estimated set times might be...

3:15-4:00 Guystorm
4:15-5:00 Cars and Trucks
5:15-6:00 Seawhores
6:15-7:00 Blind Shake
7:15-8:00 Gay Witch Abortion
8:15 Private Dancer

Sunday July 18th:

Radical Cemetery Tape Release: Sarah Johnson, Seated Heat, Tips 4 Twat, DJ Clpd Bks and Tender Meat at XXX.

No comments: