Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween Weekend @ The Turf Club

Friday night Lookbook was recorded. The tape sounds nice but I think I'll hold out for the First Avenue show that's coming up to release anything. No offense to Sissy Wish or The Melismatics but I was saving cab money for Saturday and hopped the 21 early.

Saturday night The Turf was full of first times as I hadn't seen any of the bands prior to this evil evening. A new group by the name of Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream featuring Michael Larsen (Eyedea is dead), Kristoff Krane, Impulse of SecTor7G and Austin on beats made their public debut. If this was their first show I'm damn excited to see where they take it. Stop back for the full set later tonight or tomorrow. Next up was Red Pens. All I've got to say is; believe the hype. Their debut album is available through Grain Belt Records. Rounding out the night was The Book of Right On. I knew this set was going to worth coming out for alone so there was no surprise there. I'd be hard pressed to not record anything David Joe Holiday is involved with, within reason!

No comments: