Friday, April 15, 2011

An Update If You Feel Like Reading One.

On Monday Cause had their new PA System installed and ran it for the first time Tuesday night. Apologies to my birthday homies at Honey but I wanted to keep it close and check out this new PA. The Flying Dorito Brothers, The Burglars and Night Moves were all recorded. I'm excited to post some tracks from The Flying Dorito Brothers set in particular.

Wednesday morning I noticed CLAPS were playing The Entry that night. I shot Matt a text to see if he was mixing sound and indeed he was. The ante was then upped and the CLAPS set made the last minute show decision more than worth it.

Woke up in a haze Thursday morning but I knew I had to haul gear to work to record a flute + piano recital at Augsburg at 7pm. Stopped into The Triple Rock on my way to find out that they nixed the buffalo wings from the menu?! The veggie wings are still available but I had to go with chicken tenders and buffalo sauce to halt the craving. Cheers Billy. Headed over to the venue side for a minute on my way out and was able to catch some of the Subhumans. They were in good hands with Tom behind the board.

The recital was pretty legit. Kou killed it and I recognized Tom on piano from the McPhail vocal opera a few weekends ago. Hooked up with Sam and crossed the 94 walking bridge to get to Franklin. He didn't have to twist my arm when he suggested stopping into Tracy's, it had been a while. Unfortunately it was not Tuesday Wing Night but oh well. The benefit show for Lugosi at the Hexagon was a great time and I hope they raised a lot of money. The vegan samoas were delicious and sorry Harris but I let some girl have the fondue pot. After a quick stop at the TFATT house Dave was kind enough to 55408 so I didn't have to spend 48 hours away from the queen bed.

Pizza date in Northeast or The Martyr's new solidified line up at The Nomad? Sorry Luc, pizza date is winning but I will try to make it over to the West Bank. If you're into it you should consider checking out this show tonight...

The Nomad World Pub
Friday 4/15
9pm | $5?

The Chickadee Mountain Martyrs
Dangerous Ponies (7 piece band from Philly)
Avenpitch
In the Morning
Dance Band


Saturday should be good. I'm recording all of the indoors music at Hymie's Record Store Day from 11am to 7pm. Cadillac has recording the outdoor stage covered. Then I might try to get a nap in before Disasteratti, Voytek, Nightosaur and White Mischief at Hell's Kitchen later that night.

Peace & Serenity in 2012,

-J

No comments: