Monday, October 08, 2007

Portrait of a Drowned Man @ The Beat

Here's a link to the torrent.

Portrait of a Drowned Man
The Beat
Minneapolis, MN
Saturday October 6th 2007

Taper: empty (neveragain1980 at yahoo dot com)
Location: DIN (20cm, ~90ยบ) DFC, 15' back, ~6' ^
Source: Studio Projects C4's > Mil Spec Silver Quad customs > UA-5 (BM2p+) > iRiver h120 (Optical @ 16bit 44.1kHz WAV)
Conversion: h120 > USB 2.0 > PC [WAV > FLAC + Verify]
Edit: CD Wave (tracking) Sound Forge 9.0 (fades)
TRT: 20:53

01. Sound Scape
02. Hollywood, CA
03. May 14th 1904
04. The Marina is too Shallow
05. Give a Poet a Telescope
06. Light in August
07. Bright Lights on Pale Faces

:: PAUL CONNOLLY ::
> guitar + bass

:: JESSE HOHIESEL ::
> guitar + bass

:: JUSTIN KERVINA ::
> guitar + samples

:: MAT MILINKOVICH ::
> drums

www.poadm.com
www.myspace.com/portraitofadrownedman

www.myspace.com/thebeatcoffeehouse

The Beat is a really neat place and if you live in the area you should check it out. Empires and Laddyslipper are two great local bands but I was very interested in taping Portrait of a Drowned Man from Duluth again. I meant to ask for a sbd patch but they were playing first and I was in the other room placing an order when they started to get ready so I ran over to finish setting up. After the show I was talking to Jeff from the Beat and he mentioned next time I should plug into the board because there are some mics suspended from the ceiling that are mixed into the board that yield really full bodied recordings. Ugh! I had a 2nd recorder and a cable ready...oh well, I'm really happy with these audience tapes and at least I know for next time. Thank you to the Beat and all of the bands for being cool with taping.

No comments: