Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hyder Ali @ The Entry

Here's a link to the torrent.

Hyder Ali
The 7th St Entry (Late Show)
Minneapolis, MN
Friday September 19th 2008

Taper: empty (neveragain1980 AT yahoo DOT com)
Location: DINa (cm, ยบ), left drink rail, 20' back, ~9' ^
Source: MBHO 603a KA200N > Mil Spec Silver Quad customs > UA-5 (BM2p+) > iRiver h120 (Optical @ 16bit 44.1kHz WAV)
Conversion: h120 > USB 2.0 > PC [WAV > TLH lvl 6 + Tested > FLAC]
Edit: CD Wave (tracking) Sound Forge 9 (patch + fades)

Please Do Not sell this recording. Share & trade it freely.

01. ...intro *
02. Sunrise *
03. Every Now Then
04. Careless Talk
05. new song
06. new song
07. Sunrise (unpatched)

* All of track one and the first 25 seconds of track two is patched with the soundboard source. See notes.

Eric Blair: Lead Vocals
Kahlil Brewington: Drums
Edwin Scherer: Electric Bass, Upright, Loops
Robert Mulrennan: Electric Guitar, Acoustic, Loops, Effects

www.myspace.com/hyderali | www.virb.com/hyderali
http://www.reveillemag.com/features/...case-hyder-ali

I'm usually pretty good at staying on top of the local action but I must admit that Hyder Ali flew in under my radar. When I saw they were opening the Kristoff Krane CD Release I tried remembering where I knew them from and it ended up being fylers for their April 08 residency at the Nomad. Having covered the May 07 Abzorbr and December 07 Mel Gibson & the Pants residencies I can now say that I'm thoroughly disappointed that I was asleep last April. Anyone got a time machine I could borrow? When I checked out the songs online I got pretty excited for this set. Trust me, they do not disappoint. Poor twisted me, another Twin Cities band to Archive for.

What are you doing Saturday October 11th? Hyder Ali and Junkyard Empire are having their dual EP release show at the Nomad with Face Candy opening the evening. With nothing but respect for all 3 bands I know where I'll be.

About the patched audio...let's just say the Entry was crazy crowded and I was busy helping someone out. On another note, I love the Entry but it's one of those small bar venues that can fill up with Chatty Cathys so it's not always the easiest place to pull a good tape. With that said, people were pretty respectful during the set and I'm really happy with the recording. The meticulous taper in me even included Sunrise unpatched as track 7.

No comments: