Monday, August 15, 2011

Muddy Waters: Brunch Edition

I was skeptical after my first visit but I was hooked by the second. Yes, most weekend mornings it's likely that you'll find me at Muddy Waters. By now I'm sure most everyone knows that Muddy's moved into a new location at 29th & Lyndale. Having this place within walking distance is a serious score. I'm in the process of working my way down the menu.


$6.50 for one of the best breakfasts in town. Nice and simple. Please, try the home fries.

Went with sausage in the burrito. Tops.

Some kind of red chile deliciousness coats the chilaquiles. I'm not typically a fan of over easy eggs but damn...it completely works here.

The breakfast sandwich is the true sleeper at Muddy's brunch. It's on the wall by the coffee bar with interchangeable bread, protein and cheese options. Anyone familiar with the East Lake Taquería Crawl? Well I'm about to embark on a Muddy Waters Breakfast Sandwich Crawl because at $4.50 it's a steal. Ham & cheddar croissant above.

You know what goes well with all of the above? Yep.

Address: 2933 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis, MN
Phone: Takeout or Dine in - (612) 872-2232
Website: muddywatersmpls.com‎
Hours: Monday - Friday 7am - 2am. Saturday & Sunday 8am - 2am.

1 comment:

sharyn morrow said...

Oh damn! I need to get there for the chilaquiles. That's the way I like 'em. Every place in St Paul seems to use the verde sauce instead of red.