Wednesday, April 18, 2012

inBOIL opens for Kimya Dawson at The Cedar tonight.


inBOIL and Kimya Dawson

The Cedar
Wednesday, April 18th 2012
Doors Open: 7:00pm
Advance: $12.00
Day of show: $15.00

Well here I am sitting with gear at my feet anticipating another trip to the West Bank immediately after work. Phil is only one of the greatest song writers in all of the Midwest so a bunch of us around town are very excited that he got this gig opening for Kimya. Kimya is brilliant. I've had much respect for her for years and years.

inBOIL as a full band is excellent, however Phil was asked by Kimya's people to just show up with his guitar tonight. I'm actually even more excited that it's a solo set. Phil, a guitar, a chair and the huge Cedar stage. Not many people can make me cry these days but I've been known to shed a tear or two during an inBOIL show. Come out tonight and witness me weep!

I spoke with Phil last Thursday at The Turf Club recording this show and he informed me that a new inBOIL album has been recorded and will indeed be released soon. Check out this review of the first inBOIL album if you want to.

so·cial net·work·ing
Noun:
The use of a dedicated Web site to communicate informally with other members of the site, by posting messages, photographs, etc.

No comments: