Saturday, May 17, 2008

City on the Make @ The Varsity Theater

Get some.

City on the Make
The Varsity Theater
Minneapolis, MN
Thursday May 15th 2008

Taper: empty (neveragain1980 AT yahoo DOT com)
Location: DIN (~20cm, ~90ยบ), DFC, 25' back, ~10' ^
Source: MBHO 603a + KA200N > Mil Spec Silver Quad customs > UA-5 (BM2p+) > iRiver h120 (Optical @ 16bit 48kHz WAV)
Conversion: h120 > USB 2.0 > PC [WAV > TLH lvl 6 + Tested > FLAC]
Edit: iZotope RX (48kHz > 44.1kHz) CD Wave (tracking) Sound Forge 9 (fades)
TRT: 49:19

01. Pocket Full of Copper *
02. Howlin' at a Sliver of the Moon
03. Cyborg Killer
04. A Million Bucks ^
05. Arc Lamps
06. Money is My Friend #
07. New Shoes #
08. Pick Me Ups
09. tuneage...
10. Chicks on Bikes ^
11. Good Old Fashioned Fire ^

Encore:

12. "honey you ain't holy" *

* w/ 3 piece drum cadence - Colin, Stephen & Mischa
^ on the $1,000,000 EP to be released June 7th
# unreleased

Mike Massey - vocals
Mischa Kegan - guitar
Stephen Rowe - bass
Colin Stumbras - drums

www.cityonthemake.net | www.myspace.com/cityonthemake

An extremely accurate and fun review of the show.
A great article from Reveillemag.com

I've been taping & torrenting shows since Jan. 2004 and a large part of that has been making an effort to put the word out on local music that I believe in. When someone from Moscow says thanks for posting the latest A Whisper in the Noise show you keep going because it's something that you really care about doing. Some of you that have grabbed past torrents may be familar with lines such as "______ is a great band from the Twin Cities..." or "______ is one of my favorite Minneapolis bands." Well, I'm going on the record. City on the Make is my favorite Minneapolis band. To be honest I didn't know who they were prior to May '06. I had been popping into the Nomad every Thursday night to tape Abzorbr's May residency. After staggering up the basement stairs my face was melted (OK, not really) by a fusion of Blues & Rock & Punk & lots of other words that people use to find tidy places to put music. Yeah, I know other people have rocked similar formats but there is something else going on here folks, trust me. Would I ever lead you astray?

I'm really not a fan of how most bands sound coming out of a murdochspace player...especially if you have crappy pc speakers like mine. So I guess in the end, the LP "In the Name of Progress" & EP "$1,000,000" both sound great pulsating through a home/car stereo but don't base your decision to download this or future shows off of a couple quick 96kbps mp3 listens.

Much respect to Stacy for making it through Law School and inviting everyone to her party. Check out her amazing concert photography here.

City on the Make are releasing their new EP $1,000,000 June 7th at the 400 Bar with Dragons Power Up and the Tender Sweaters.

utorrent needs the .torrent file to download the show.
I convert FLAC to WAV for CDR burning.
I play FLAC and everything else on PCs.

No comments: