Sunday, July 27, 2008

City on the Make @ The Triple Rock

Linkage to the torrent.

City on the Make
The Triple Rock
Minneapolis, MN
Saturday July 26th

Taper: empty (neveragain1980 AT yahoo DOT com)
Location: XYish (cm, ยบ), right drink rail, 25' back, ~10' ^
Source: Studio Projects C4's > Mil Spec Silver Quad customs > UA-5 (BM2p+) > iRiver h120 (Optical @ 16bit 44.1kHz WAV)
Conversion: h120 > USB 2.0 > PC [WAV > FLAC]
Edit: CD Wave (tracking) Sound Forge 9 (fades)
TRT: 50:29

01. ...intro
02. No Thumbs *
03. Fake I.D.
04. 900 Nails
05. A Million Bucks (alt version)
06. Tangled Webs: Slithering Cobras (alt version)
07. New Shoes *
08. Pick Me Ups
09. Money is my Friend *
10. Crack in the 80s (one of 4 possible titles) #
11. Chicks on Bikes
12. Arc Lamps

* unreleased
# unreleased, first time played, to be titled one of the four titles mentioned

Mike Massey - vocals
Mischa Kegan - guitar
Stephen Rowe - bass
Colin Stumbras - drums

http://www.cityonthemake.net/ www.myspace.com/cityonthemake

I had been looking forward to this show since finding out about it sometime in May. I first stumbled across a listing for Crescent Moon is in Big Trouble on the Triple Rock calendar. That alone was enough for me to add it to my calendar...then a couple weeks later I saw that Mel Gibson & the Pants had been added to the bill. OK then, so two of my favorite local bands are playing the same show at my favorite venue...I'm there. Then sometime in early June I was scrolling down the listings at the Triple Rock's site and noticed that CITY ON THE MAKE had been added to the show. Now, it's common that one or more bands that I like or at least appreciate end up playing the same show together but it's rather rare that a bill this solid (IMHO) comes along. Crescent Moon is in Big Trouble ended up playing first per their call, MG&TP second and City on the Make threw down at the end of the night.

No comments: