Monday, September 28, 2009

Golden Birthdays & Tour Managers...

So if I let Thursday's tour manager know that the 29th is my "golden birthday" do you think they'll show mercy on the taping front? I'm very interested in getting a recording of the La Dispute set and was given the green light by them to do so. I've heard from people on the West coast that The Fall of Troy are cool with it as well. In all honesty if I need to pack it up before Thursday go on to accomplish this than I'm down. Taping "bigger" bands can get tricky. Even if they're cool with it they may get trumped by the management. I also haven't tried taping at The Varsity since my homie Erik's departure so things could get interesting.

Unfortunately, Young Widows have dropped off the tour but will be returning to The Triple Rock in November with Russian Circles. Their previous two shows (Triple Rock & Turf Club) are in the archives.

Besides being a gorgeous venue what's the best part about seeing shows at The Varsity? Mesa Pizza is across the street!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I hope you had a great golden birthday, john! were you able to tape the show?