Friday, October 02, 2009

The Gaslight Anthem & Lookbook

So back in May I entered into a slight obsession with The Gaslight Anthem's "Great Expectations" and their album "The '59 Sound" in general. I'm usually too cool for such sleek poppiness but given the circumstances at the time I indulged this obsession for a good couple of months. Sometime in July I heard they were coming through with Murder by Death and Frank Turner. Wanting to see all 3 acts and fearing it might sell out I went through ticketbastard which I hate to do. I've taped Murder by Death a few times and wasn't worried there. After contacting The Gaslight Anthem's manager I received a very polite No on recording their set but was able to obtain permission to capture the openers.

On a completely different note, Lookbook is releasing their debut LP at the Kitty Cat Klub on Saturday. I'm extremely tempted to break the one cab per night rule and head over to Dinkytown after Murder by Death leave the stage. Regardless of whether I'm there or not I know this will be a great show and I'm sure lots of people will attend.

For now please join me in song...

"And I Saw Tail Lights Last Night In a Dream About My First Wife
Everybody Leaves And I'd Expect As Much From You.
I Saw Tail Lights Last Night In A Dream About My Old Life,
Everybody Leaves So Why, Why Wouldn't You?"

No comments: