Monday, April 19, 2010

So This Week...

Despite great shows at The Nomad, Turf, Hexagon, Artists' Quarter and First Avenue I stayed in Saturday night. Been laying low since Sleepytime on Friday and don't plan to go back out until Wednesday. I'm also back on my side of town so perhaps I'll get some things uploaded.

Actually, I just heard that Marijuana Deathsquads, Batmen and Solid Gold are playing the Entry tonight and might run down to check that out. Other then that...

Wednesday April 21st - MDS @ Nick & Eddie

Took a rare night off last week but looking forward to N & E again.

Thursday April 22nd - Black Audience @ Red Stag

The Red Stag is the Thursday spot.

Friday April 23rd - Caspian + Red Sparowes + Fang Island @ 400 Bar

I've been looking forward to this show for weeks. Who would miss Red Sparowes and Caspian on the same bill? Don't be silly.

Saturday April 24th - John Henry's Birthday @ The Turf w/ Seawhores + Teenage Moods + Chickadee Mountain Martyrs + Voytek

Well, we're all turning 30 this year and Henry's got a sick line up at The Turf to celebrate his turn.

Saturday April 24th - El Ten Eleven @ The Nomad

And if you're not at The Turf you may want to check out El Ten Eleven from Los Angeles. I caught them last time and they were indeed great.

Sunday April 25th - Past Lives w/ Brute Heart @ The Entry

Jordan and Morgan from The Blood Brothers come through town with their new band Past Lives Sunday and I sure hope I don't miss it. Local favorites Brute Heart open.

No comments: