Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kill the Vultures Midnight Pine CD Release

My good amigo Dave and I went down to the Varsity for a bill that helped me get through the week. I'm usually running Studio Project's C4 mics but Dave want kind enough to let me check out the ADK 51TLs some sexy LSD (Large Stereo Diaphragm) condenser mics. Come to find out was we walked to the venue his ulterior motive was to do a comparison with his Nakamichi CM 1000s. Fine by me! OK to much taper dork speak?

Roma di Luna started out the night which another tight 40 minute band set. Not much to say other than it was great and I could have listened to another 40 minutes. After the set I heard someone ask "How's the taping going?" I looked over and it was my friend Michael which was a pleasant surprise because I hadn't seen him since the last Face Candy show at the Artists' Quarter in August. As we were catching up Chris from Abzorbr came walking back from the front in awe of the set. I had no idea I would be running into either of these guys tonight and it was just another bonus to getting out of the house.

Unless you've been living under a rock you probably know who Digitata is. Check out the new LP II Daggers. Actually, check out anything released by Totally Gross National Product.

Man I need to start putting the scratch together for a video rig. I love the Varsity to begin with but any time music is played against film the show itself should be filmed. Midnight Pine is an indie urban noir film which Kill the Vultures composed the music for. Pick up a copy of this EP if you see it when you're out and about.

Holy shit, Nomi is in a building? The last 5 tracks of the tape stand as proof. Advizer was missed which is also documented on tape.

No comments: