Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Roma di Luna @ The Cedar

Here's a link to the torrent.

Roma di Luna
Find Your Way Home CD Release
The Cedar Cultural Center
Minneapolis, MN
Thursday September 6th 2007

Taper: empty (neveragain1980 at yahoo dot com)
Location: DIN (20cm, ~85ยบ) FOB, DFC, 30' back, ~10' ^
Source: Studio Projects C4's > Mil Spec Silver Quad customs > UA-5 (BM2p+) > iRiver h120 (Optical @ 16bit 44.1kHz WAV)
Conversion: h120 > USB 2.0 > PC [WAV > FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 lvl 6 + Verify]
Edit: CD Wave (tracking) Sound Forge 9.0 (fades)
TRT: 66:09

Please Do Not sell this recording. Share & trade it freely.
Please Do Not circulate mp3s or other lossy formats.

01. intro
02. Pass Me Not ^
03. Inside The Bells
04. I'm Gone
05. Tree Of Life
06. Face Of My Friends
07. The Devil Walks
08. Plenty
09. No Child Of My Own
10. Lion
11. In The Aeroplane Over The Sea *
12. Bury Me (Beneath The Killing Fields)
13. encore
14. These Tears Ain't Mine
15. The Romance Of Wolves

^ traditional
* Neutral Milk Hotel

Roma di Luna is Alexei & Channy Moon Casselle on vocals, violin and gutiar but various songs also feature these fine musicians:

Eliza Blue - additional vocals
Jessie Wilimek - additional vocals
Ben Durrant - electric guitar
JG Everest - bass guitar
Steve Yasgar - drums
Mike Rossetto - banjo
James Buckley - double bass

www.romadiluna.com
www.myspace.com/romadiluna

I think by now people realize that I enjoy taping and sharing shows but this is something that I am very happy to bring to you. Roma di Luna is one of my favorite bands and I look forward to taping many more shows to come. I'm not a "top ____ list" person but their debut LP Find Your Way Home will without a doubt be up there on my top 5 releases of 2007.

Eliza Blue is well known for her own music. I suggest you check it out. This is the first time I've run into Jessie Wilimek but hopefully she doesn't stop singing anytime soon. Ben Durrant can be found at Crazy Beast Studio in NE Minneapolis where he records for many bands including Roma di Luna's EP and LP. Steve Yasgar is a former and or current member of Be Lonna, Askeleton, The Swiss Army and Nick Robin & Friends to name of few. Mike Rossetto is a member of Spaghetti Western String Co. James Buckley is known for his work with Mystery Palace, Dubsack, Robert Skoro and the James Buckley trio for starters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Also featuring the great JG Everest on bass and vocals.

www.myspace.com/jgeverestmusic

Thanks for spreading this, j.

-stv.

empty said...

Damn, I remember seeing JG up there too.