Saturday, March 05, 2011

I Know This Is Hard To Believe But...

I'll be wandering the streets of the West Bank tonight. Well, one street in particular. We can always look forward to an early start at The Cedar Cultural Center. I mean that in the best way possible because it allows one to take in other soirees. The Pines and Roma di Luna (duo) take the stage at 8pm with doors being at 7. The Pines are a local and not so local treasure. Duo sets are never to be missed, especially when they can be taken in in this capacity. Speaking of soirees why don't we just head next door to Palmer's after The Cedar drops the lights? It's no secret that I back both of the bands on this evening's bill but let me be honest here. Saturday night at Palmer's with El Le Faunt El Le Faunt & His Traveling Circus and The Chickadee Mountain Martyrs providing the soundtrack? Even if you don't know what the I'm talking about a better evening won't be had by many in this city. BUT it doesn't have to end or even begin there! Across the street and a few doors down for a mere $5 you can enjoy the warmth of The Triple Rock along with the music of Humanda, Screamin' Cyn Cyn and the Pons, Fort Wilson Riot and Speed's the Name. In fact, I'm sure to be making at least a few trips back and forth to press record/stop etc.

No comments: