Thursday, January 21, 2010

Canyons of Static @ The 501 Club

Download the show here.

Canyons of Static
The 501 Club
Minneapolis, MN
Saturday January 16th 2010

Taper: empty (emptystapes AT gmail DOT com)
Location: DINish, DFC, ~7' ^
Source: MBHO 603a KA200N > Silver Quad customs > UA-5 (BM2p+) > iRiver h120 (Optical @ 16bit 44.1kHz WAV)
Transfer: h120 > USB 2.0 > PC [WAV > RazorLame> 320kbps mp3]
Edit: CD Wave (tracking) Sound Forge 10 (fades)

This Recording is for Promotional & Archival Purposes Only.

01. Northern Highland
02. Water/Worn
03. The Disappearance
04. untitled
05. Challenger

Chris (bass, synth)
Nathan (percussion, samples)
Ross (guitar, synth)
Aggie (keyboard, synth, glockenspiel)

Myspace
| Website | Blog

This was Canyons second show in Minneapolis and I've been waiting patiently for their return. I got into them in the Summer of '06 and pestered Ross a couple times about coming here. Finally the day came. They were to play the Entry October 21st 2006. But wait, what's this? a wedding reception at The Lexington in St. Paul?! AHHHH!!! No worries, it's not every day my favorite ex-aunt in law gets married. Of course I still had to try and make the recording happen even if I got there late. So fancy clothes, gear and all we head to The Lexington. It was very chilly and not wanting the cold to drain my batteries I brought my giant black bag of electronics in and placed it under the table. My girlfriend at the time was extremely impressed by this. I just don't think she ever really understood the awe-inspiring capabilities of CoS. So, the company was great and the chicken was fabulous but I never did make it to the Entry. Don't worry Laurie, you're still #1 ex-aunt in law.

Thanks to Paragraphs for not only releasing one of the best local EPs of 2010 but for also bringing Canyons of Static back to Minneapolis. CoS (West Bend, WI) and To Kill A Petty Bourgeoisie (Minneapolis) both supported Paragraphsthis evening. All of the instruments sounded great in the room thanks no doubt to Knol Tate behind the board.

What's up Now Like Photographs.

No comments: