Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Finger Pressure @ Community Gardens

Get some.

Finger Pressure
Community Gardens
Minneapolis, MN
Friday January 1st 2010

Taper: empty (emptystapes AT gmail DOT com)
Location: in front of the action
Source: Sony PCM D50 internal mics +6dB?
Transfer: D50 > USB 2.0 > PC [WAV > RazorLame > 320kbps mp3]
Edit: CD Wave (tracking) Sound Forge 10 (fades, normalize)

This Recording is for Promotional & Archival Purposes Only.

01. Cobrastyle (Robyn)
02. Space Bass
03. Rastafury
04. Girls' Night Out
05. You Better Forget
06. Bassy (Kelis)
07. Fingerlicious (Fergie)
08. Male Prima Donna (Subtle Sexuality)
09. LoveGame (Lady Gaga)
10. After Party

Myspace

On the dawn of the new year people who had made it to the Community Gardens basement were about to be treated to the annual NYE set from the mighty Finger Pressure. The inner archivist in me knew this had to be documented but I wasn't about to set up a full rig in the middle of party central. In a moment of spot clarity and snap ingenuity it came to me; "the D50 has internal mics and they don't suck." I sprinted the stairs making my way to Sean's room where he was kind enough to stow my gear. I made it back downstairs just in the nick of time to capture the first notes of Finger Pressure 2010. If you're a lawyer for an aforementioned artist please leave the ladies out of it and contact me at the above mentioned email address. Happy New Year.

Please note: This was made with the D50's internal mics but it sounds damn good nonetheless.

No comments: