Thursday, January 14, 2010

So this week.

Well, to rewind to last week shows were recorded Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Just when I thought I was going to have a night off Monday I got last minute word that The Chickadee Mountain Martyrs were playing Memory Lanes. My New Years resolution is to not miss any CMM shows. I'm amazed at how well these Memory Lanes recordings have been sounding. Tuesday and Wednesday were nights off. I didn't make it to The Triple Rock for Where Astronauts Go To Hide but you can't win 'em all. Not sure what's going to go down tonight. There's action at both The Nomad and The Turf Club. Friday is another predicament. I'm tempted to record First Avenue's "Best New Bands" for the second year in a row but that could possibly mean missing Private Dancer at The Turf.

Saturday is a little more clear cut. I would definitely recommend Paragraphs EP Release show at the 501 Club. Stellar support in the form of Canyons of Static and To Kill a Petty Bourgeoisie is included. Doors are at 10PM and there is no cover. After the 501 I'm hoping to catch up with Sleeping in the Aviary if they haven't went on yet. Email me if you would like the location of that show.

Finally, it may be apparent that I get most editing and uploading done on the weekend. I certainly have a back log to catch up with. Looking forward to having Monday off so expect a marathon weekend with uploads Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Some top priorities include but are not limited to; The Good Life, Old Canes, Where Astronauts Go To Hide, Birthday Suits, The Blind Shake and Vampire Hands.

No comments: