Thursday, February 18, 2010

8 "Shows" in 5 days?

It all started last night with the 3rd week of the Wednesday night Marijuana Deathsquads at Nick & Eddie. Now, I'd really like to make it to The Hexagon tonight to record Sorry OK but I'm on the fence about closing the Hex three nights in a row. I realize some people may do this all the time but not so much while recording the bands and making sure expensive equipment gets home safely. So if you're not charging batteries for the weekend you should check out Sorry OK + Shakedown City + The Boys N' The Barrels + Porch Knights at the Hexagon TONIGHT.

What is known for certain is that on Friday I plan to run the main rig at the Hex for the Bouncer Fighter CD Release w/ Children of Euler + TBA while also running a smaller rig at Memory Lanes for Sleeping in the Aviary + Me and My Arrow. It'll be a champagne jam Seward style. On the books for Saturday is catching Andrew Broder's opening set for Retribution Gospel Choir at The Triple Rock and then breaking down as quickly as possible to catch a cab to the Hex. Sorry RGC but nothing will stop me from recording The Chickadee Mountain Martyrs CD Release. If this go well I hope to arrive in time to capture Knife World. Getting set up in time for Dark Dark Dark shouldn't be a problem...really looking forward to all three sets so we'll see what happens.

On the Sabbath I'm pretty jazzed at the opportunity to record at The Cake Shop again. This month's show features an intimate sit down with The Pines including the ever popular 4pm and 7pm sets format. As with last's months show with Jeremy Messersmith I'm in for both!

No comments: