Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'll Sleepy When I'm Deady

Even though I haven't heard the recordings yet last night went well. Got to Grumpy's at 5:30 and of course was the only person in the City Club room. I was joined by my pal Todd as I was getting set up. A young lady who likes me for some reason also came down. Mike rocked a trio and I thought it was a great set. I'm glad I went and look forward to checking out the tape. You should check this out next Wednesday from 6:00 to 7:30. The wings are delicious! What up Luc. Made it back to the apartment for a short bit before catching the train to The Triple Rock for Alpha Consumer and Communist Daughter. I'm sorry if you missed out but we're talking two of the best rock bands in town on the same bill here. I got word that Perks was being treated well at Nick & Eddie so thank you to MDS for being so kind to the taping folk for the past month and a half. See you next week. I was about to catch up with Perks but two cab fares in one night is silly and it sounded like both shows were ending around the same time. Who else digs the new 8pm doors at The Triple Rock? Note that some shows still have 9pm and 10pm doors.

Tonight it's the second week of the Bitch N' Brown Miniseries at The Nomad w/ Truck Stops Across America, InBOIL and Kicks & Spurs. Unfortunately I missed the first week but my cyborg clone is not finished yet. Sounds like a closer but it's rare that I look forward to seeing all 4 bands on a 4 band bill. Is Country Rock or Country Punk the preferred nomenclature?

The backlog is growing but in 5 year that may not be such a bad thing, eh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great to see you, amigo!

-steve