Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday With the Triple Threat

Last week I got word that Mike Gunther is doing the Wednesday happy hour residency this month at the City Club room inside of Grumpy's Downtown. I found out in the morning and there was no time to run to the apartment for gear...so I made sure I came prepared today. Happy hour til 7pm including 10 wings for $3.50! Done deal. Music starts at 6 and goes until around 7:30. I was able to catch the last week of Jim & The French Vanilla's residency which included a set by The Blind Shake last month. The City Club is a nice little oasis tucked away on the edge of Downtown. See you there.

After a short run back to Longfellow it's back on the train to the West Bank. Very excited to see Alpha Consumer and Communist Daughter on the same bill at The Triple Rock. I honestly do not know much of Boats but look forward to checking them out. Thanks in advance for the stellar show everyone. From there, depending on what time it is I may try to make it to Nick & Eddie for week six of the Marijuana Deathsquads residency. Much respect to my Elliot Park associate and good friend Perks for covering MDS tonight. I greatly appreciate it, Perks! If all goes well at N&E then Sean and Aaron from Moonstone and Travis Bos (Song of Zarathustra, Chariots & Chibalo) will be joining MDS this week.

3 comments:

.b r a n d o n. said...

See if you can nail Travis down about the SoZ reunion recording! My ears are iiiiiiiiiiiiitching.

Unknown said...

I'll try to get that posted this weekend. It may go down without a set list...

.b r a n d o n. said...

I'll try my best to help out with the set list if it gets posted