Thursday, March 25, 2010

Live Tracks & Dying Modems

So last Friday after work, prior to posting the Song of Zarathustra reunion I spent a good hour on the phone with Qwest trouble shooting some connectivity problems. By bill is paid up as always and the PC recognizes the modem, it's just that the modem is 5 years old and probably on it's way out.

Last night I was itching to get some stuff posted but didn't want to get carried away with full sets until said modem issues are resolved. I'm very happy with my selections:

Buildings - "Misshaped Head" Live at The Turf Club

This is from the 3/12 show with Young Widows. I have some how been missing out on Buildings. No longer I say! I love this band. If you live in town you should check them out and stop missing out like I was.

Sorry OK - "I Need To See Somebody" Live at The Nomad

3/23 show with The Chickadee Mountain Martyrs and some nice fellows from Illinois (Rob Jacobs & Dr. Responsible). This one is for West Bank Bobby. He can finally rest now. I've been wanting to record Sorry OK at a legitimate venue for a while now (no offense Fecal Manor!). These are good folks making music that is good for you. They will be leaving town in the Spring for a large tour of the Eastern States so keep an eye on their calendar if that interests you.

If you're on a PC and your browser wants to stream the files instead of downloading them Right Click and select Save Link As. In Mac talk I believe that's Click-Operations?

1 comment:

CenturyLink Help Team said...

Hello Steph here from Qwest,

I am sorry to hear about the modem problems you are having and would like to help you get a new modem. Please email me at talktous@qwest.com with your billing phone number, billing name and a copy of your blog post and I will assist.

thank you

Steph Lake
Manager, Talk To Qwest Team


"At Qwest your account information is confidential and protected by law, so I need your permission to access the account.”