Friday, July 15, 2011

On's Thai Kitchen

Many people know On from Bangkok Thai Deli. Well, earlier this year On opened up her own restaurant on Snelling & University in the Midway. No matter what kind of cuisine it is On's gets my vote for one of the best restaurants in the Twin Cities. I've been there a handful of times and have yet to have had a less than amazing meal. Now I leave early for The Turf Club (which was already early) specifically to eat at On's.






Mango Chicken.

Some of the best Thai spring rolls I've ever had.

Even before ordering I was afraid the sweetness of the mangos was going to be too much. I was wrong! When ordering it medium spicy the spiciness cuts the sweetness of the sauce. The crispy fried chicken is also a top notch combination with the mango pieces. Do you see those spring rolls? OK then, we don't need to talk about them. I'm not big on fish sauce (peanut sauce all day every day) but I tried it and it was tasty.

Chicken Pad Ga Prow.

Never mind the to go container, this was probably my favorite meal from On's so far. They were doing good business and I needed to get back to The Turf. Pad Ga Prow is your choice of meat with basil, bell peppers and some mind blowing sauce with a more than generous side of rice. Must..order....again.



Spicy Noodle with chicken.

I'm a sucker for rice dishes but I'm glad I gave the spicy noodle a chance. The flavors. I can't get the flavors out of my mind.

Chicken Laab Salad Thai Style.

I had heard great things about the Laab salad from several people so I had to see what the big deal was. To be honest this was my first Laab salad so I wasn't sure what to expect. Laab is a traditional meat salad and the national dish of Laos. It was fantastic with a side of sticky rice. Every so often I would get a bite that was really strong on mint, that took some getting used to but was never too distracting. You can choose between Thai and Lao style, Lao style including tripe.

Address: 1613 University Avenue West Saint Paul, MN 55104
Phone: Takeout or Dine in - (651) 644-1444
Website: On's Thai Kitchen on Heavy Table.
Hours: Open Daily 9am-9pm

No comments: