Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Somewhere in Minneapolis last night.

Leisure Birds, Les Deux Magots, Shannon and the Clams and Vampire Hands played a show somewhere in Minneapolis last night. Of course Shannon and the Clams (Oakland) were the highlight of the evening. Their new LP/CD is available through No Idea Records. A friend noted that he's never seen so many people dancing on a Monday night in Minneapolis. Shannon even observed that Minneapolis has a boogie that would rival Oakland's boogie. While I have much respect for the establishment these are not my best recordings. I'll try to get a track or two from each band posted. There's some great stuff in there. Maybe the whole Clams set if I'm happy with the way it sounds. Perhaps next time I'll try a different mic placement. /end dork out

No comments: