Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tonight's West Bank Dilemma

Tonight Fuck Buttons return to The Triple Rock. A couple of us were denied taping last time by the merch person per management. Upon speaking with one of the Fuck Buttons afterwards they don't personal mind but can't cross management. This is common with national & international touring bands and completely understandable. No fuss was made. Vic Chesnutt is down the street at The Cedar. Vic's current band includes Guy Picciotto (Fugazi) & members of Thee Silver Mt. Zion/Godspeed You! Black Emperor & Witchies. Across the street Mute Era will be finishing up their miniseries at The Nomad. This is also Dante & the Lobster's CD Release show. Sleeping in the Aviary, Leisure Birds and Teenage Moods support.

Should probably stop into The Triple Rock for dinner to ask Fuck Buttons about recording. When/if I get the red light it's a short walk down the street. To be honest they should be playing Friday night anyways. Then I could just hit The Nomad and problem solved. If I get ambitious I might ask Vic if I can get soundboard at The Cedar while I run mics at The Nomad. That's the show I'd rather be at. Me skip national acts to catch a bill of local acts? Never.

No comments: