Sunday, November 15, 2009

Face Versus Pavement...

So I wanted to go to the gym today. On the way there my gym bag got stuck in the front wheel of my bike and I went flying over the handle bars with only the left side of my face to break the fall. Minus most of one front tooth, some of my left face, some chunks of my right leg and what is probably at least a sprained left hand/wright I dusted off. Please note I was sober. A passerby was kind enough to inquire "You straight man? You straight?" Straight as I was I was minus one front tooth and bleeding all over. Did I mention the hole in my new jeans? Thankfully my neighbor and my friend Mike were both willing to take me to the emergency dental place in East St. Paul. It was a trip returning to the old neighborhood under these circumstances. I got nothing but a consultation and some antibiotics to ward off infection. It sounds like a root canal and a cap folks. Please don't tell Tammy.

Anyways would near crippling experience keep me from recording Kill the Vultures at The Triple Rock? It'd take a doozy. I didn't get the nap in but broken face and all I made it out. Sorry I wasn't my usual dapper self, ladies. Coltrane Motion, The Gleam and Fuck Knights supported. I bought Mike a Chicken Po Boy and some ginger ales.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deafmx said...

haha. ginger ales? rock and rye baby. are you glad i finally accepted something from you after all these years? ;)